Definition – What does Index Finger Energy mean?
According to Chakra or Energy healing, the index finger is associated with the air element, the large intestine and the deep meridian of the stomach. It is also connected to the Anahata Chakra (heart), responsible for balance, serenity and intuition. Index finger energy can help us to connect with our instinct and ability to reflect. Since the air element represents the mind, we can harness index finger energy to organize and calm thoughts during meditation.
On explains Index Finger Energy
Index Finger Energy Meditation can help us to notice thought patterns in the mind. With this awareness, it becomes possible to change certain habits and mental patterns. Follow these steps to practice Index Finger Energy Meditation:
- Begin in a stable sitting posture or lying down.
- Encircle the right index finger with the four fingers of the left hand.
- Extend the left thumb towards the middle of the right hand.
- Close your eyes, and imagine sitting in a field of swaying ears of grain.
- As you inhale, picture the grain moving towards you. As you exhale, picture the grain moving away from you.
- Notice the space getting smaller when you inhale, and bigger when you exhale.
- Imagine looking outward into the expanse of blue sky, and then inward to the safety of your own heart.
- Observe thoughts as they come and go, and try to notice any patterns. How do you think most of the time? Is it positive or negative? Confident or critical? About the past or the future? Reflect on what you find.
Try to focus on a sensation of warmth, and continue this meditation for as long as it feels calm. Index Finger Meditation may also be repeated on the other side, with the left index finger encircled by the right fingers.